Corrugated converters targeted by Kongsberg Ultimate cutting table
Published: 6 December 2023 | No comments yet
Stuart Fox of Kongsberg PCS says the Ultimate cutting system will 'usher in a new era of productivity and innovation' for corrugated converters
Kongsberg Ultimate, a new digital cutting platform aimed at corrugated converters and display producers, has been launched by Kongsberg Precision Cutting Systems (PCS).
The system has been engineered to address the ‘unique challenges’ faced by corrugated converters involved in continuous high volume multi-batch production. Kongsberg said that Ultimate was designed with six core values in mind:
- Productivity, delivered by a new drive and beam design;
- Precision, with a custom carbon fibre beam providing ‘unparalleled’ stiffness and consistently applying a 50kg downforce, while a tool head camera ensures every cut is aligned;
- Safety, with a proximity-driven Smartzone safety system and the use of LED lighting to clearly indicate machine status;
- Uptime, achieved through self-diagnostics and remote operator alerts;
- User experience, enhanced with an IPC 3.0 interface with touchscreen; and
- Sustainability, through the greater use of recycled, readily recycled and other materials with less environmental impact.
Stuart Fox, president and CEO of Kongsberg PCS, commented, ‘The Kongsberg Ultimate promises to redefine standards and usher in a new era of productivity and innovation, delivering a fast return on investment for convertors of corrugated board. Enhancing operations and providing a significant competitive advantage, the platform sets a new industry benchmark and is set to drive the future of corrugated production for years to come.
‘With corrugated converters around the world under increasing pressure to produce better, faster, safer and more efficiently to meet the demands of the global market, we have underlined our commitment to deliver a solution that has been engineered for precision and built for productivity.’
The Ultimate system is available in four models: 24, 44, 64 ,66; with respective work areas of 1680 x 3200mm, 2210 x 3200mm, 3210 x 3200mm and 3210 x 4800mm (multizone work areas of 1680 x 1450mm, 2210 x 1450mm, 3210 x 1600mm and 3210 x 2210mm). All four models can process sheets with a maximum thickness of 30mm and have a maximum linear speed of 167.5m/min. There is a maximum acceleration rate of 2.74G, possible on the Ultimate 24. Automatic feeding and stacking configurations are available also to further enhance the machine’s productivity.